Granger the Goldendoodle's, Must Have Holiday List!


This was a tough list to come up with this year. There are so many things that we love & use everyday but we managed to narrow the list down to the most important items. As you will notice, the list is a little heavy on "toys".  

If you love something on this list, or know of an item that should be on next year's list, drop me a note in the comments!


1. I call this our "do not disturb" vest. Granger is a very submissive, fearful dog. Unfortunately, when you look as cute as she does, everyone wants to pet you. So the only solution that works, is to put this vest on her when she is out in public. It works. Granger is able to get the training & socialization she needs without the baby-talk from strangers & touch-feely from kids. www.activedogs.com

2. Martingale Collar. This collar was introduced to Granger by a trainer that I respect. Granger was a leash puller & I was having trouble keeping control. This was just what I needed. I ONLY USE THIS COLLAR FOR TRAINING. Petsmart

3. Training Videos. The best training videos. Zak George's Dog Training Revolution. YouTube. I also "bell potty" trained Granger using this wonderful video: Dogtrainer01

4. I needed a water-proof collar. Granger swims almost everyday. Those really cute fashionable collars start smelling rank real fast. So, I bought her this bright orange hunting plastic collar from the local feed store. Well, Granger's BBF, would not stand for it. He sent her this collar. She wears it everyday & it is amazing & stylish to boot! No more mildew collar smell. Dublin Collars

5. Not only does Granger wear a vet rabies tag, she also wears a microchip tag & a personal ID tag. How cool would it be to have one of these scan codes on a tag? That way, someone could pull up all Granger's information in one touch of a smartphone's button. I need to get one of these: PetQRTag

6. I love Kate & her giving heart. She makes the most wonderful paracord collars, bracelets, leashes….you name it! She also custom makes everything so you can pick colors, charms, NFL teams, support causes…the sky is the limit. Granger has a Texan Paracord collar & every game day we get it out for her to wear & represent! Like Kate on her Facebook site to order.

7. Dingo Bones. Say what you want about rawhide. However, I've never had an issue with this brand of bones. My dogs go nuts for these bones & get one every night for a treat. Yes, EVERY NIGHT! Dingo Brand

8. Bully Sticks. Just don't ask where they came from. I promise you don't want to know. But if you want to keep a dog quite & busy, then this is your treat. Best Bully Sticks

9, 10, & 14. Chuckit Balls & Launcher. BEST BALLS EVER!!!!!!!!!! I can't explain it but once you buy them, you will understand. This is like crack to my dog. www.chuckit.com 

11 & 13. I just discovered this toy. Granger has not torn them up YET, so the verdict is still out. However, she LOVES the squeaky & plays with these quite often. I have a hard time finding them in the stores, so I am going to assume others like them too! Hartz Dura Play

12. The only toy that has not been totally destroyed. And this toy still keeps her attention. That's what we call a win-win in my house. Katie's Bumbers


I will conclude this list with one other request. Please do not forget about all the homeless animals during the holiday season. Please consider donating, fostering or volunteering.  I love Goldendoodles, so I am a foster volunteer with IDOG. You can read about my first foster dog here: 

**be sure to scroll down & read from the beginning**


Happy Holiday Friends!
XOXO
Granger
Daisy
& Stella




1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Love your list - and all you do for the shelters!! I think you need a Stella list as well though don't you think?????:)